From:Dave Hennessey Electronic:dave -A-
Subject:RE: insurance Date:Fri Dec 9 10:15:40 2011
Response to:16617

I've used J.C. Taylor for about 20 years. They offer coverage for both antique vehicles and "street rods". Antique vehicles are very inexpensive, street rods cost more.

For antiques, you declare a value, and the annual premium is based on that value. Fire, theft, collision, they pay the declared value. My Hummer and Henderson together are about $250/year - for the Hummer alone it's less than $100 (probably $50 to $75).

The deal with antiques is that they are used primarily for shows, parades, club activities, etc. and "not for general daily transportation". So unless you plan to commute to work on your Hummer, you qualify.

JC Taylor Antique Auto Agency Inc.
320 S. 69th st
Upper Darby, PA 19082
Phone (800) 345-8290

I too have USAA for my cars & truck, but they don't understand "antique".

Hagerty, Condon & Skelly, American Collectors Insurance are companies who are similar to JC Taylor, but I don't know anything about them.


My 55 ST is almost done so I am in the process of getting it
registered and insured. Can anyone recommend a good insurance
company. Not just for price, but good reputation. I use USAA
for all my insurance needs and I live them. However they
don't do motorcycles anymore, they recommend Progressive.
When calling Progressive they told me I would be better off
with a company that deals with antiques. They said that they
would insure me with liability, but if I wanted full coverage
they have a weird policy. Say I can get the bike appraised
and it appraises for 5k. They sell me insurance based on that
5k. If I got in an accident and their adjuster says no I think
it is only worth 1k, then that is all they would pay me.
Does anyone have a company they have liked working with?