Clutch cable inner core too long

Here's where to ask questions and get answers

Clutch cable inner core too long

Postby MrMarty51 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:29 am

Or am I missing something ?
I looked through the parts book and I see no adjuster for the clutch cable.
The only way I can get it close to being proper is by turning the ferrel in the handlebar clutch lever backwards, then, it will still grind going into gear.
Am I missing something here or do I have something installed bassakwards ?
Well crap. I cant get the pics down small enough to get them posted into the thread.
If anyone answers the call, send me a text message to 40six eight 53 1921
Thank You
Martin
MrMarty51

Re: Clutch cable inner core too long

Postby HarryM » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:52 pm

Try the Clutch adjusting screw on right side cover. Or missing clutch operating rod or too short. Harry
HarryM

Re: Clutch cable inner core too long

Postby MrMarty51 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:32 pm

Harry
I will check that all out, next time i get the motorcicle into the garage.
When I took the bike out of the garage. Went for a bit of a ride on it. That felt mighty fine and with the work Mutt did on the engine it has a lot more power than I remember it having back in the 60s.
After driving it, i parked it in front of the storage shed, engine idling, walked across over to the garage to get the phone for to use the camera, get a couple pics of it setting out in the sunshine.
Walking back towards the bike, not being able to see it through another shed, i could hear the engine had quit running, no big deal, got to a position where I could get a visual and to My horror, the bike had fallen over.
Got over to where it was laying, picked it up and yuppers, You guessed it, the clutch hand lever had broke off at the end.
Welp, guess I will see about getting another of those ordered. Too bad because the clamping devices and the hand levers are brand new. Oh well, such is life.
MrMarty51

Return to HELP with Restoration and Running