Looking for 19" rims

Here's where to ask questions and get answers

Looking for 19" rims

Postby rightshifter » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:36 am

Looking for two 19" rims for a 1954 ST165. Must be new or in excellent condition. Or a chrome shop that doesn't want to retire when done. Thanks
rightshifter

Re: Looking for 19" rims

Postby MrMarty51 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:41 pm

Might have to search out ebay for a set.
Thats where I got My rims then did a respoke job on them.
Originally My Hummer had black rims. The rims I purchased were chrome. I painted black over the chrome. I think I scuffed them with some wet/dry sanding paper before I painted them.
The spokes I got I dont feel are the correct units. They are the same diameter all the way through. The original spokes were larger then necked down towards the hub.
I want to get a set of black rim/hub units and get the proper spokes and relace them after a repaint.
Just to make it look absolutely correct.
MrMarty51

Postby MAGA » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:58 pm

Hello from the God Forsaken State of New Mexico! I have an extra set, front and back wheels for a 1954 Hummer. I don't know what kind of shape the chrome is in though. I'll have to look later. I also have a whole 1954 Hummer I want to sell. It's all apart but all there. the engine is together but froze. I also have a Title for it. ALSO, look on eBay for .. 1946 LaRay .. I have one of only 50 or so ever made. They were made in Milwaukee for one year before the Government shut them down for taxes. Most people, even Harley Dealers, don't know that another Motorcycle was made in Milwaukee besides Harleys. My 1946 LaRay belongs in a Museum (or your Garage!) -- David
MAGA

Postby rightshifter » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:13 pm

Thanks for the information on the rims. I am looking for chrome ons. The original ones are on the bike, but not real pretty. Black may be an option.
rightshifter

Return to HELP with Restoration and Running