Stories and photos of YOU and YOUR HUMMER

Postby 56b1093 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:48 am

Hi, my name is Andy Bayliss. My hummer is a 1956b1093. I bought my bike back in 1982, when I was 12 years old. I rode it for a few years and then decided I needed something bigger and faster. After selling it, I kept tabs on it for a few years and then lost track of it. I always kicked myself for letting it go. In 2001, my dad called me and said he was at a yard sale and there was an old Harley hummer there and he wondered if it might be mine. I said "check the serial number, mine was 56b1093". I remembered it all those years because it rhymed. He checked and sure enough it was my bike, but in much worse shape. I said buy it back, I don't care what it costs. After purchasing it back, my dad and I repaired the damage, painted it and got it running again. It ended up sitting for several years and I just got it back out again and running. I ride it back and forth to work (about 4 miles).
I tried to attach a picture, but wasn't able to load it.
56b1093

Re: New member

Postby hennesse » Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:34 pm

Andy,

What great luck in getting your old bike back! Well, you've got some work to do to get it back in shape. Hope we can help.
hennesse
Site Admin

Re: New member

Postby Brent » Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:33 pm

WELCOME! I'm Dave's webmaster (he's the brains behind all this) I just do the HTML. If you'd like to send photos and memories/stories relating your experience you can send them to me at cdf959@windstream.net and I can post them or set up a Members Page for you. Go to our Members Page and you can see what I'm talking about. If you only want to share a story I can do that also. Shared memories are what keeps the history of these bikes we love alive. Since you're new I need to tell you we don't do any advertising, we don't share your info, and we don't charge. It's all for fun.
Again, WELCOME.
Regards,
Brent Dugan
Webmaster
Brent

Return to Introduce Yourself