1951 125S Found in Storage

Stories and photos of YOU and YOUR HUMMER

Re: 1951 125S Found in Storage

Postby hennesse » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:36 pm

I'm gonna throw a number out there. Others - please chime in if you think I'm out of line. $2000 to $2500. It's all there except for the saddlebags. It's in pretty nice condition - minimal rust, chrome looks good, paint is faded but no major scratches, etc. Closer inspection might reveal some other flaws, as photos don't tell everything. It MIGHT be an easy restoration for someone willing to take a few chances.

Some things I'd want to check since it doesn't run: gas tank rusty? Carburator full of congealed gas glop? Does it spark when kicked over? (A six volt hardware store lantern battery will let you know whether it sparks, lights work, etc.). Buying a bike or car that doesn't run is a crap shoot.

No title? I'd want to take the serial number to my local PD and have them check for stolen-ness. I'm not in the market because it's very difficult in Virginia to buy a vehicle that does not have a title - plus I'm 3000 miles away.

Titled and running? Maybe $4000.

I haven't kept track of what these are selling for these days, so I may be way off. What do others think?
hennesse
Site Admin

Postby MikeW » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:44 pm

I think you're in the ball park, Dave. There's a certain amount of value attributed to its "survivor" condition that some wouldn't want to alter.
MikeW

Postby IHMan » Sat Jul 09, 2022 2:53 pm

Thanks. Appreciate the feedback. Gas tank is gunky... suppose the carb is too. It is going as is. Selling for the executor who hasn't done us any favors so not going to spend any time on it. 2000-2500 sounds about right.
IHMan

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself