Intro & Stolen Hummer!

Stories and photos of YOU and YOUR HUMMER

Intro & Stolen Hummer!

Postby jachris » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi All,
I just joined the Hummer Club as a means of possibly tracking down our stolen Hummer (picture attached). My dad was a flat track racer from the 50's and a Harley nut his whole life. At one point he had 18 bikes he had restored to various states. He passed away in 2006 and left behind a Hummer and a 1948 WR racer. These have been sitting under blankets in my Mom's garage until the Hummer was stolen in St. Helena, CA in July. I just discovered this during a visit this last weekend. The thief was busted after burglarizing a number of houses to feed a drug habit, but police found no motorcycle among the goods. He probably fenced it for a song and god knows where it is now. I thought I would take a chance on posting it among a group who keeps an eye open for these rare bikes. As cool as the bike is, what I really want to recover are those racing plates, since those were the ones he used to race back in the day. Any lead you can provide that helps me to recover the bike I will make worth your while.

BTW...I have reallly enjoyed seeing what you all have done with these bikes. They look great!

Thanks.

John
Attachments
IMG_0585-small.jpg
IMG_0585-small.jpg (173.58 KiB) Viewed 7644 times
jachris

Re: Intro & Stolen Hummer!

Postby peteg59 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm

Sorry to hear of your family's loss.
It's been awhile since your post, so hopefully it has turned up and you have it back.
In case its still "out there", post up the engine serial# if you have it...?
peteg59

Return to Introduce Yourself