Hi Folks

Stories and photos of YOU and YOUR HUMMER

Hi Folks

Postby Don G » Thu May 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi Folks;
I am wet behind the ears when it comes to my newly purchased find in TN. I plow through the myriad of postings (old EXchange) on this site with hopes of gaining, as a minimum, a basic understanding of the project bike I recently bought. The very first lesson that I have learned was from "How to restore" Part 1 Chapter 1 “How to Identify” and then I read these sobering words "And the cow jumped over the moon". Dang….
So what I have are 16 inch rims, a frame with rear swing arm suspension, an engine stamped 62BTH4253 and a tank without the ignition switch inset. Oh yea, a couple of fenders and a speedometer.
As it appears the frame would be 1963 or newer, the 16 in rims would belong to the 1962-1965 Pacer, the engine says I am a 1962 Scat, the Speedo looks like a Pacer and who knows about the fenders. I suspect the best choice at this juncture is to build it back as a Pacer and role with the incorrect engine #.
However, at the end of the day I wouldn’t know what to call it year wise.
So folks wish me luck....
Attachments
20180324_152849.jpg
Guess the sign should have said R.I.P. Parking
20180324_152849.jpg (86.46 KiB) Viewed 10339 times
Don G

Re: Hi Folks

Postby flathead » Sat May 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi Don,
Welcome to the forum, hope you get your softail hummer going
MikeImage
flathead

Postby Brent » Sat May 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Yes Don,
Welcome. I don't know if you're aware but we just had to convert our forum to this new form. Old members are still signing up and getting use to the new format so it may take a while for you to get responses. Please be patient. We've got a great group and they're always willing to offer suggestions, help, and parts when needed.
Brent
Brent

Postby Don G » Sat May 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Thanks Guys
Having just finish restoring a 1940 Ford-Ferguson 9N, I need something to do. In 1962 my dad traded a Skill Saw for a Hummer but it was a basket case (literally in baskets) he never got around to putting it on the road and so gave it to my cousins. I told myself that one day I would have a hummer and so the journey begins.
Tomorrow I will be pulling the engine and getting ready to hand deliver to Mutt for a rebuild. :)
Don G

Postby Don G » Sun May 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Brent wrote:Yes Don,
Welcome. I don't know if you're aware but we just had to convert our forum to this new form. Old members are still signing up and getting use to the new format so it may take a while for you to get responses. Please be patient. We've got a great group and they're always willing to offer suggestions, help, and parts when needed.
Brent

Thanks Brent.
As we all are. I am still figuring out how to navigate the new forum... Looking forward to working with you folk
Don G

Postby Don G » Sun May 27, 2018 2:59 pm

flathead wrote:Hi Don,
Welcome to the forum, hope you get your softail hummer going
MikeImage

Thanks Flathead Can't wait to start picking your brains
Don G

Return to Introduce Yourself