Duane Taylor - Saddlebags Soon!

Here's where to ask questions and get answers

Duane Taylor - Saddlebags Soon!

Postby hennesse » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:05 pm

Duane Taylor here.

I have been planning to do the saddlebags for all of the “Hummer “ bikes for about 8 years. I have some originals and have made the patterns , dies for the escutcheons and have the various types of conchos, buckles, etc on hand. I will do all years of the leather saddlebags but none of the plastic line.

Thanks to Mike Quinn for his time to research documentation for the various years and when they were used. There is still some questions so I would like input from anyone with documentation different than what follows for saddlebag models, years used. This is a big expensive project for me and I want these to be period correct.

91000-49 Used 48-53 I believe this is correct and I have an original copied.
91000-49A Used 54-55 . Fairly certain for this interval as found in original brochures.
91000-B Used 56-57 Uncertain for years used. I have a picture of this model
91000-C Picture of this found in 1959 accessory catalog

I have no pictures or information past the the C model so anyone with pictures, brochures or other information I would appreciate hearing from you. The first two model saddlebags should be done by end of May. I do have a list of those “IN Waiting”

Thanks , Duane Taylor
duane@taylorclassiccycles.com

Posted for Duane by DaveH
hennesse
Site Admin

Re: Duane Taylor - Saddlebags Soon!

Postby Mutt » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:49 pm

mr. Duane, did ya have any of the riser bushings for sale?
Mutt

Postby billc » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:03 am

i have a set of old dried out bags of unknown vintage if you would like some reference pics.
billc

Postby d63299 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 pm

Bill C.
Re old dried saddlebags.

Thanks for the response and yes I would like pictures if you can. A couple of views including the top and front is all that is needed. That will let me determine spot patterns and placement.
If you can, e-mail pics to:
duane@taylorclassiccycles.com

Thanks, Duane
d63299

Return to HELP with Restoration and Running